Beoga Beag uses a wide range of open source software and components to operate effectively.
You can find all of the code we have released for Beoga Beag on GitHub. As the race is a competitive event, we will time-delay the release of each of the components. Also, we would like to see them working properly before we push them to github!
- FreeBSD is a Unix Operating System used by Mother.
- Ruby, a high-level programming language.
- Redis is a NoSQL database used for storing mission data.
- AVR GCC is a C compiler and development environment for the Atmel AVR chip.
- AVR Dude AVR programming software.
- LadyAda programmer to program the boards
This page lists as many of the technologies as we can remember. We’ll keep adding to the list as more pieces are added, or we remember stuff we hadn’t mentioned.